Thursday, May 19, 2005


Thinking about your image walking home from choir. I missed swimming today and needed the exercise. A long walk is good for the soul. Sometimes I'll get a song from the steady beat. The image came to mind just as I came up the street to my apartment
block. I think it rivals the very best Christian religious images and in many ways surpasses them. Most crucifixions don't do much for me, possibly cause i'm not Christian and don't understand the feeling. But this image has Adam reborn, as I've often heard but never came close to understanding. It also has the struggle to be born out of one's self. The stones that did the battering lie quietly now, their job done. They are appropriately silver. And out of the dead wood sprouts something like a claw. A degrading putrefaction or something hopeful? An anti-cliche. But that's enough for now. Things mysterious are made manifest. "You must be born again." Haven't a clue what that means but when Mahalia Jackson sings it I do! That's amazing. I think of your photo that way. ... Dan Goorevitch ( thanks Dan )

4 comments:

Milan said...

Agreed :) I was missing your site (and the rest of the bunch as well). Good to see you around :)

Metallyptica said...

This is fantastic!

I loved to read that what Dan wrote! Great!

And now that he mentions... the photo actually made me think of the cross where jesus was nailed...

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed !This is an extraordinary photograph - and Dan is a really very good observer, analyst and poet !!! I'm impressed !

bingo and betty said...

... Dan is an 'ARTIST' and the great thing about the little fella is, he's the real thing!